Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

ask: Severe pain under my left breast when I cough or breath really deeply.

By Rabbit

I am just recovering from a flu. Have had sever coughing for a little over a week. (i dont usually smoke cigarettes but I smoke shisha before i got sick) Just 3 days ago, I have developed extreme pain under my left breast when I cough or breath deeply and sneeze. I also have pain under my left shoulder blade that feels like a tense sore muscle. Breast tissue is not sore to the touch, no lumps or bumps or whatsoever. Under left arm is not sore to touch. Could I have pulled a muscle due to the severe coughing over the last week? Treatment?

Anyways, tomorrow I am going to the doctor but just I want to know what is happening for I am little bit worried. I still have cough but I can't cough coz really painful so I stopped the cough syrup that the doctor prescribed me but I didn't stop the anti-biotic though.
Is it something that I should be worried? I can't do anything for very painful if i will move my left side muscle.

Pat Elliott

Hi Rabbit - It's hard to tell what you may be dealing with, but it is clear that you need to be seen by your doctor as soon as possible and it's good that you have an appointment tomorrow.

The flu can sometimes evolve into other conditions. Since you're experiencing the pain when you cough or breathe deeply you could be dealing with some type of lung infection or injury, but you need to have a medical professional examine you to be sure. You may also need to have an x-ray to determine the cause of your pain, or to rule out causes. It's also possible that you pulled a muscle. Please do continue to take your antibiotic as prescribed.

I'm not clear on why you said it hurts to cough but you're not taking the cough syrup. If the cough syrup helps you cough less, and be in less pain, then you should keep taking it. The type of cough syrup that helps people cough less is called a cough suppressant so if you're saying what you have isn't helping and you need something else you may want to get a cough suppressant from the drug store.

Hope your appointment goes well and you get some relief right away. Will you come back and update us? Good luck, Pat

Rabbit

thank you for your time..:)