Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

ask: Sharp burning pain in my nipple/ now breast

By sharona60

I awoke this morning with sharp burning pain in my nipple and it has continued all day long. It isn't like the swelling or heaviness or ache of menstrual pain. Nor is it like the pains in the breast that I've experienced before and been told was due to caffiene. I don't consume very much caffiene and am only about 20 pounds overweight. My breast looks the same, I just keep getting this jabbing pain right in the tip of the nipple. If I hold my breast in my hand, it seems to ease up if not stop. If I let go or bend over, it is really bad again. I am 48 years old and had my only child at age 40. Most importantly, I can't afford and do not have health insurance so no doctor will see me. I'm kind of scared but trying not to be. I don't feel a lump or anything and no discoloration.

Actually, I wrote all of this yesterday and now today I am experiencing the pains in the left side of my breast instead of my nipple. Maybe it is just caffiene related. I hope so. Any info would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Strangely, I awoke today with a sharp pain in my right nipple. It felt like a pin or needle was sticking me in the middle of my nipple. How weird is that? The pain came and went throughout the day. I have no swelling or discoloration. I am 63, healthy and had 2 normal pregnancies in my life time. I figured it might be some weird nerve thing but will call the doctor to see what they may have to say. If they tell me to come in, I guess I will do that sometime next week.

Anonymous

none of this was helpful as nobody bothered to post any follow up ..

Anonymous

DID SHE FIND OUT WHAT CAUESED THE BREAST PAIN IN NIPPLE

Anonymous

I am 43years old. My left breast is painful on the side and underneaty nibble.
I have never been pregnant and only have one Fallopian tube.
My menstrual has not came on in months. I'm getting very scared? I have no health insurance
Please help
Carter plum

Anonymous

hi there, i will also respond for any one who finds this thread in the future. i am having same issue but it comes with a long history of other pain in the breasts due to systemic yeast. (candida). i feel almost certain it must be related and was hoping to see other comments. my second baby and i both got thrush when he was only a few days old, him in the mouth and me on the nipples. he is 14 now and i am still fighting it!! i was somewhat surprised that none of the responses in the linked article mentioned yeast as a cause for breast pain -- be certain that it is if you are looking for answers. from some other comments, i am guessing this new sharp pain is too much caffeine and sugar over the holidays exacerbating an on and off again problem that already exists. i do appreciate all the reassurances on heree as well. good luck and God bless to all!

Anonymous

This conversation is a little old but I thought I would give this a try. I woke up this morning with sharp pains and burning sensations in my right nipple. I am on my last day of my period so I'm afraid my menstrual cycle has nothing to do with this. I was just checked a couple weeks ago and no lumps. My nipple is a little red and has been hard all day. Do any of you have any new information on what it could be? Thanks.

I'm also 22 with 2 boys. My youngest is 10 months old.

Anonymous

I'm 15 years old, and have the same problem. On and off throughout the day, or once a week, to a month. Yet, it's getting so much more worse. It hurts so bad that I'll stop everything I'm doing to calm myself down, because I'm scared I will flip out. I have felt it all day today to the point that I stopped what I was doing to look on the internet. I do not have any lumps or discoloration. The pain is always in my left breast near the nipple, in the inside. I need to know why this is happening. I don't have a lot of coffee or soda because I don't like them. So.... And I take vitamins, so I don't know why this is happening. Please help.

hey did you ever find out what it was?

Anonymous

I found an interesting link. http://menopauselifestyle.com/blog/painful-breasts-causes-risk-factors-s...
Scroll down to the list of possibilities.

Did you know that your Internet Browser is out of date?

We're sorry to inform you that you're using a really old web browser and we are unable to support it anymore. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. -The EmpowHER Development Team

By closing this window, you acknowledge your experience on this website may be degraded

Close this window