Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

ask: Sharp burning pain in my nipple/ now breast

By sharona60

I awoke this morning with sharp burning pain in my nipple and it has continued all day long. It isn't like the swelling or heaviness or ache of menstrual pain. Nor is it like the pains in the breast that I've experienced before and been told was due to caffiene. I don't consume very much caffiene and am only about 20 pounds overweight. My breast looks the same, I just keep getting this jabbing pain right in the tip of the nipple. If I hold my breast in my hand, it seems to ease up if not stop. If I let go or bend over, it is really bad again. I am 48 years old and had my only child at age 40. Most importantly, I can't afford and do not have health insurance so no doctor will see me. I'm kind of scared but trying not to be. I don't feel a lump or anything and no discoloration.

Actually, I wrote all of this yesterday and now today I am experiencing the pains in the left side of my breast instead of my nipple. Maybe it is just caffiene related. I hope so. Any info would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Hi, i m 38 yrs old i m having pain in my left nipple Since 7 or 8yrs, normally it is okay but when my husband is touching it the pain wl be start, i had one delivery in may 2008, after that i did not conceive, what can i do for this pain?

Anonymous

Anonymous

I have a pain in my left nipple every time it gets pressed or laid on. A little info about me I have an std. I am in my 30s. I have been excersizing lately and taking prenatal vitamins and have been eating lots of nuts fruits meats greens. So maybe something in this profile is the cause the first thing I'm going to eliminate is the supplements I've been taking prenatal vitamins) as I notice they usually make me feel different one way or the other. Hope this helps somebody.

Anonymous

I am so sad for you living in a country that does not consider that you deserve free health care. My heart goes out to you and I wish you all the very best with your concerns. May the people of America realise that universal health care is every person's right.

Anonymous

It can be several things that range from too much caffeine, an infection, STDs, and potentially breast cancer. The easiest way to find out is by seeing a doctor. I know most of u guys can't afford it but u need to Google local low income clinics and go there. Some of the doctors are really good and do care.

Anonymous

I'm 18 years old. As soon as I got home from school I felt an itchy burning sensation from my left nipple. I just got done with my menstruation and assumed it was that and that it was going to go away. But it's been some hours and it still bothers me. It comes and goes. I have done a self exam of both my breasts and I don't feel any lumps or cyst. There's no indentation of my nipple. And there's no redness or swelling. I will say that I do have eczema and I have put on my medication ointment on it that has decreased the pain a little. It's starting to drive me crazy because of how annoying it is. I've also checked to see if it's possibly a hair that's causing it and I pulled out a few, but there's hardly hair there from which the area it's coming from. I'm going to try and sleep it off and hopefully it will go away, but I really want to know what caused this and how I can treat it better in case it happens again.

Anonymous

Strangely, I awoke today with a sharp pain in my right nipple. It felt like a pin or needle was sticking me in the middle of my nipple. How weird is that? The pain came and went throughout the day. I have no swelling or discoloration. I am 63, healthy and had 2 normal pregnancies in my life time. I figured it might be some weird nerve thing but will call the doctor to see what they may have to say. If they tell me to come in, I guess I will do that sometime next week.

kathtex (reply to Anonymous)

Hello,
Your post was very similar to my situation today. My Left nipple has been having burning pains off and on for the last few days. Did you ever find out the cause? Kat

Anonymous

none of this was helpful as nobody bothered to post any follow up ..

Anonymous

DID SHE FIND OUT WHAT CAUESED THE BREAST PAIN IN NIPPLE

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :