ask: Sharp burning pain in my nipple/ now breast

I awoke this morning with sharp burning pain in my nipple and it has continued all day long. It isn't like the swelling or heaviness or ache of menstrual pain. Nor is it like the pains in the breast that I've experienced before and been told was due to caffiene. I don't consume very much caffiene and am only about 20 pounds overweight. My breast looks the same, I just keep getting this jabbing pain right in the tip of the nipple. If I hold my breast in my hand, it seems to ease up if not stop. If I let go or bend over, it is really bad again. I am 48 years old and had my only child at age 40. Most importantly, I can't afford and do not have health insurance so no doctor will see me. I'm kind of scared but trying not to be. I don't feel a lump or anything and no discoloration.

Actually, I wrote all of this yesterday and now today I am experiencing the pains in the left side of my breast instead of my nipple. Maybe it is just caffiene related. I hope so. Any info would be appreciated.

21, overweight, dont drink caffeine, not on birth control.

I've noticed that my right nipple stings/burns really bad when my fingers and toes are cold/numb. Warming up in a hot shower usually helps but not much else does. My left used to hurt too but it doesnt happen nearly as often anymore.

I highly recommend trying Evening Primrose Oil for this problem of breast pains. I reported this in my comment of May 13, 2015. Just one capsule per day has eliminated my problems with the nipple sensitivity, as well as some random breast pains I attribute to accidentally pulling or flopping the breast while sleeping or just buzzing around the house topless. Don't ask me how or why, but if your read up on it EPO is good for us gals.

I had a bout with the burning nipple on my right breast yesterday and today. I am 65, and go topless within my apt due to the heat. It was not really painful but kind of throbbing and annoying. Tried cold pack yesterday and it went away, but hey who likes ice-on-the-nipple, and it didn't help all that much, but the burning stopped when I wore a bra for a few hours. Today when it occurred again, I put a generous amount of coconut oil and rubbed it in, and also rolled up a soft micro-fiber towel (from Costco) and put it up under the breast to elevate away from my chest. Voila, it worked. The coconut oil really softened the nipple tissue and soothed that burn away. All gone.

update to my comment of May 13, 2015. While the coconut oil fixed the prob for my nipple, my breast seemed pain-prone in general whenever I pressed or pinched them the wrong way, like when sleeping. Now, I began taking Evening Primrose Oil, one capsule a day and the symptoms have all cleared up. :D I remember using EPO to get through my horrific menstrual cramps when younger; that and vitamin E, but hadn't used it in years- until now. I highly recommend this supplement for the breast pains some are having.

Hi I'm 20 years old and am experiencing similar symptoms.

I'm having a very sharp pain in or behind my right nipple every time it's laid on or put pressure on. I am not supposed to start my period for another 2 weeks and it's not like a menstrual pain either. I am on birth control but have been for awhile now and have never had this type of pain. It's almost striking and is in both my breasts but the right one seems to be more sensitive. I do drink lots of caffeine but could that really be it?

Can anyone here help me out?

I am feeling the exact same thing! Did u figure out what it was? I haven't gone to dr yet but I will. I consume a lot of caffeine as well but has never experienced this.

I am experiencing sharp, throbbing pain in my right nipple too. I found good information here.

This is an old post but, just today I started having sharp pains in my right nipple in the center and on the side but on the inside, Its not to the point where I'm crying but its pretty painful, it only helps when I put pressure on it, I'm 17 and I just resently ended my piriod, two days ago, since then my bf and I had unprotected sex 3 times but I don't think it could affect me in anyway that fast, I'm really worried and don't have insurance to get it checked out. Someone please help. Thank you.

Don't have unprotected sex at 17 ;)

Hi, i m 38 yrs old i m having pain in my left nipple Since 7 or 8yrs, normally it is okay but when my husband is touching it the pain wl be start, i had one delivery in may 2008, after that i did not conceive, what can i do for this pain?

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :