shingles pain relief with apple cider vinegar

By January 24, 2016 - 8:31am

what can I take for the pain, mostly in my back and tylenol/motrin don't really help. any topical creams helpful? taking Valtrex rx'd by dr. How long does the rash/pain usually last, some say 2-4 weeks.

Hi ballroom

I'm very sorry you're dealing with shingles. From what I have heard they are just awful. They can heal anytime from 2-8 weeks, not always 2-4 weeks, although some may get lucky. I hope you do.

Apple cider vinegar has been known to offer great relief - give it a try but do a small patch first to make sure you don't feel a burning sensation.

Other home treatments include:
Calamine lotion
Wet compresses
Frequent oatmeal baths

Over-the-counter pain relievers:
Oral medications like acetaminophen (Tylenol) , ibuprofen (Advil) , and naproxen (Aleve)

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Shingles Guide