Should I be worried

By Anonymous December 10, 2010 - 10:23am

I am 19 years old and Im not sure if i could be pregnant or if I am just late. I got my last period on Nov. 4th and normally my cycle is always a little late, but never a week late. My boyfriend and I always use protection (a condom) but Im worried I might be pregnant. I have been under a lot of stress with classes, and I have lost some weight (only like 8 pounds) but that brings my weight down to 100 pounds. I know that stress and being underweight are causes of a misses period but I'm just not sure. So i guess I came here hoping i could get some help. please let me know what you think.

There is no way we can advise on whether you are pregnant or not but if you are using protection each and EVERY time, then it's very unlikely you'd be pregnant.

Stress can definitely change a cycle (I doubt 8 lbs of weight loss would if you are under 5'1" or so but be sure not to lose anymore!) and with it being exam time etc, your cycle may be affected.

You can take a pregnancy test now, to make sure and to ease your mind but going by what you have said, it's more likely to be stress. Please eat well and make sure you are getting in some good sleep and exercise.

Let us know an update when you have one, ok?