should I be worried about pregnancy?

By May 15, 2016 - 8:12pm

I'm on the three month birth control pill, so my placebo pills are now on week 13, and I missed Friday and Saturday of week 4, and then had sex that Sunday. the condom broke and i took myway, a plan b pill only a few hours later. I have been taking my birth control as normal sense then. I also had spotting before and I have had spotting and cramping after. shoul I be worried about being pregnant? or do you think I'm okay?

Hi Idsmnr

You are full protected from pregnancy during your sugar pills, did your doctor not tell you that or did you not read it on the paperwork that comes with the Pill? Therefore there was no reason to take Plan B (or condoms although condoms will help prevent infections). That could actually interfere with your cycle (irregular bleeding, bloating, heachache etc).

However, there no concern about pregnancy.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills

Hi Susan,
I wasn't on the sugar pills. I'm on the 3 months birth co tell so my placebo pills are on week 13, and I missed the two pills on week 4.

Hi again!

Sorry, I mis-read, I thought you were saying you missed two sugar pills!

Did you make up the pills? If not, there is a risk of pregnancy but your risk is still very low. Spotting can happen if pills are missed. A test will let you know for sure and it would be very accurate by now.