Should i be worried that i have sex with my boyfriend when im sleeping?

By September 20, 2011 - 9:02am

We've been dating for a year now and it seems like foreplay doesnt start until i fall asleep. I have been known to sleepwalk and carry out full conversations in my sleep, but never had any problems with this. A couple weeks ago i woke up in the middle of everything and i pushed him off of me because i was shocked! I know people probably think its a good thing because hes getting his benefits out of the deal and i dont remember it. But i would like to know if i should be worried that it will lead to other things happening in my sleep?

Hi fasttrackfan

If your boy boyfriend is waiting for you to fall asleep before having sex with you, then you are having sex without your consent. People are not responsible for what they do in their sleep, if they have a documented sleep disorder. I think it's odd for your boyfriend to do this.

Sex isn't about the man getting off and the woman getting it over with. Sex is about two people mutually consenting to an intimate physical relationship. Is your relationship so bad that you don't want to remember having sex or even be bothered by it? If so, you need to get out of the relationship.

Some men and women would love to wake up to their partner beginning foreplay on them but this is just a little creepy to me and may be to to you too, since you pushed him off you in shock.

Let me know what you think!

Thats not it at all! haha The first time that it happend he thought that i was fully awake because he said that i started the whole thing, and that i was actually going along with it. The only reason i pushed him off of me was because i didnt realize it was happening. It just surprised me! Its happend a couple times since then but when i wake up i just start going with it...i just find it weird that i can do things like that in my sleep and not be aware of it at all. It is a nice wakeup call haha but scares me that i might start doing other things like trying to walk upstairs to the kitchen or something and fall down the stairs. Didnt know if anyone knew what would cause this