Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide

ask: Should I do this?

By Melissa6666

Hi, There is something I'm wondering if it's the right thing to do. I'm going to see my doctor soon regarding my mammogram and breast ultrasound results and I have a kind of issue that I have to explain to my doctor but what I'm going to tell him is regarding feeling something in my left breast. My breast has lots of density and it's hard to tell if something is there. I want to know if you think it's right that I put a mark or small sticker in the spot I feel something so my doctor can actually understand and feel what's there? It's pretty hard to tell with how my breast is so dense and I actually feel something which bothers me a lot and I was thinking maybe if I put a mark on my breast so my doctor understands it better. I'd like your opinion about this.

Thank You,
Melissa

Hi Melissa

Sure - you can ask your doctor about this piece of tissue. In fact, since you are talking to him about your breast heath anyway, it's a good time to do this. 

Keep us posted! 

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank you for your reply. It's a full issue I'm going to explain to my doctor and from what I explained here I want to know since I mentioned that I mark the area with a sticker or a pen on my breast do you think it's okay that I do this right before I'm seeing my doctor ? I kind of find it awkward doing this do you think what I'm doing is a normal thing? I actually feel something there which bothers so I've been thinking this way my doctor would understand it better in where it is exactly. I hope you know what I mean from here.
What I realize is whenever I feel my breast in the shower I actually feel something there which is painful to and when I'm laying down on my right side I also feel it in this position, by regular exam my doctor and I don't feel it very much. Should I say this to my doctor as well?
Thank You,
Melissa

What Do You Think the Best Way to Screen for Early Detection of Breast Cancer is?: