Should I get off progesterone or increase my dose?

Please help! I tested low in progesterone last spring. Ive been using the cream for many months now. The entire time I've had very sore breasts and I've been steadily putting on weight. I read a lot about estrogen dominance and (with my doctors permission) raised my dose from 100 to 300mg. Problem is, after a month at this higher dose I'm still feeling the same terrible side effects, weight gain, big sore breasts. I'm wondering if I should get off the progesterone completely or should I raise the dose even higher? How high of a dose has been used in the past? Any advice is appreciated!!

Thanks for you post!

If you're miserable at a low dose of progesterone and a this new higher level too then it doesn't make sense to increase it, unless your doctor thinks it can.

We cannot determine if you should stop all together but you're not feeling better as you are. Please talk to your doctor about alternative ways to increase your progesterone levels if what you are taking now isn't working. Dosage levels vary among women for many issues - cancer, intertity, heavy periods, menopause etc.
I hope you feel better soon.