Should I see my doctor? Any chance of pregnancy?

By May 27, 2016 - 4:20pm

Hi all, I need help with this!

My period is currently 14 days late, and I am on cycle day 47. I have taken pregnancy tests and it has all been negative.

Some background: I had a miscarriage in November and my period returned in January, and has been regular since then. It shows up on cycle day 33 +/- a day. Also my husband and I have been actively ttc since January.

We did the baby dance on April 22 & 23, and I ovulated on April 26, confirming ovulation using the First Response ovulation stick. We had sex after ovulation and every 3 days in May in case I ovulated later as well. But no period and all negative tests.

Only symptoms I am getting are right pelvic pain - mild, severe headaches, fatigue, and a tiny bit of nausea. It is nothing compared to when I first found out I was pregnant in October. The pregnancy symptoms then were strong, which makes me think it's all in my head. =/ But stress levels are normal, I had a cold for two days before my period was supposed to come, and it cleared, and nothing has changed, so I don't know what could be contributing to my late period!! =(

Any insight into this will help! I just want to know how to kickstart my period so we can start trying again.

Hi bex149

Thanks for your post! (I removed your other posting, we don't allow duplicates).

I'm sorry to know about your miscarriage - I know they are very difficult to deal with.

As far as your TTC for now, having sex after a confirmed ovulation is not going to get you pregnant. Women ovulate just once a month. My advice is to have sex every other day from day 9 to day 18.

It's strange your period is suddenly irregular. A cold for a couple of days wouldn't cause this in all likelihood. Even if you don't feel any stress. TTC can take a toll, even subtly.

You have the option of wait-and-see to see what happens in the next few months. Or if you period doesn't come in the next few days, talk to your doctor about your options, there are some medications to induce ovulation (like Clomid) and some to bring on your period.

Here's a little bit of reading for you: http://www.empowher.com/female-infertility-overview/content/trying-conceive-if-you-can-t-it-might-be-your-beauty-pr

Good luck with ttc, I hope you get good news soon!