Should I see my gp?

I have had diarrhea for around 4 weeks and constantly need to strain there has been some blood but not evertime . I have been bloated and have intermittent stomach cramping I have not changed my eating patterns and is not worsened by what I eat. I am struggling with my energy levels and am finding it hard to get up in the morning even after plenty of sleep. This week I have noticed horizontal ridges appear on my small toe nails, should I be taking vitamin supplements? I have a shortness of breath and have spent the last day in bed but am still tired and have been suffering with the sweats. Should I be concerned? Any help would be great

Thanks for writing to EmpowHER with your concerns.

You need to see a doctor as soon as you can. Diarrhea for four weeks as well as sweats and fatigue could indicate some kind of infection or virus.

You could also have a condition of the digestive system like IBS-D, colitis or many others. I will link to a list of possibilities but they are vast. You need a proper evaluation. I hope you feel better soon.