Should I take Plan B if I am on the pill and had to double up one day this month?

I am on Yasmin (and have been for over a year) and took the last active pill on Saturday--therefore I should be getting my period sometime between Wed--Fri. I had sex on Friday night and the condom fell off. My partner pulled out when we realized this. As luck would have it, I happened to have missed one pill this month (and doubled up one day per Yasmin instructions) and took two pills on Friday. I called up Plan B and they told me they recommend it for woman who miss two doses entirely--as in you're away on vacation and left your pills at home and the pills were never taken. Thoughts? Thank you!!!

Thanks for your question.

If you doubled up the next day, per instructions, you should be ok. You will probably be best to follow the instructions that your birth control outlines for these kinds of circumstances, and it seems like the people at Plan B are thinking along the same lines. While there is always a risk you can get pregnant - however low the risk is, it sounds that you are covered. Good for you for being so careful!

It seems like you are also using condoms every time, as well as being on the Pill?