Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer Guide

ask: Should i use Letrozol 2.5mg?

Dear Doctor,
Let me kindly ask you a question regarding Letrozol 2.5 mg.
First of all let me explain briefly my medical situation as follows:
Before 5 years, i had mastectomy removing completely the left breast. After this I being treated with chemotherapy 6 sessions. I used to take Tamoxifen for 4.5 years. Last year in April, my doctor replace Tamoxifen with Anastrazol, but from October and on I'm facing bones pain (in femoral bilateral bone) much more in the right side. Please, can you tell me if I can start taking Letrozol 2.5 mg, instead of Anastrazol, just in order to avoid the bones pain without having any other risk. Hoping for your reply. Thank you in advance.

Dear Anon

Thank you for your post and congratulations on surviving breast cancer.

Unfortunately, we cannot tell you if you can take this medication. I know bone pain can be a huge part of post-cancer life and it's extremely unfortunate. But this is something that only you and your own doctor's can decide.

Here is more info on bone pain after chemo: http://www.empowher.com/groups/bone-pain-after-chemo/posts/bone-pain-aft...

Have you been tested for BRCA gene mutation?: