Should I wash my hair everyday?

By HERWriter September 28, 2014 - 4:57pm

Hi Nina

There is no need for anyone to wash their hair everyday unless it is very oily or they are working in an industry that causes them to get dirty or they exercise/sweat a lot. 

In fact, over-washing can be harsh on hair, stripping it of it's natural moisturizers. 

I wash my hair every other day and wash it with conditioner every day instead as it's very dry anyway and I don't want to dry it further, especially as I swim a lot and am exposed to chlorine. 

Use a paraben free "clear" shampoo if you can, free of as many chemicals as is possible. 

Has this helped, Nina?