Is this a side effect from the Plan b?

By January 4, 2015 - 11:13pm

I took plan b on Dec 19th, and the start of my last period before I took the pill was dec 3rd. I experienced a bit of blood spotting five days after and presumed it to be a side effect from the pill. Two weeks after taking the pill, and exactly one more after my last period, I got what seems to be my period because it was pretty heavy and I had experienced cramping. However, on the third day, the flow seemed very light which is unusual from when I do have my regular period. My period is usually heavy the first three days btw. Should I be worried or is this just a side effect of the pill?

Hi anOn

This bleeding indicates you are not pregnant. While your cycle may be a bit different than usual for the month following Plan B, this bleeding is your period and you are not pregnant.