signs of pregnancy

By Anonymous December 2, 2010 - 4:57pm

Hello, my name is liza and i had a couple of questions about pregnancy.my boyfriend and i want a baby but i decided to get on the pill because of heavy menstral bleeding.my doctor prescribed necon 10/11 but aftr 4 days of taking it i became ill and discontinued taking them.also when i startd taking them i was on the 1st day of my period.my period usually lasts about 7 days,it stayd a couple days longer..and it became brown in color. after day 9 it stoped and my bofriend and i continued to hav sex.i dnt know when i ovulate.for about two weeks now i have been experiencing things,not sure what they mean.cramp like feeling,a stinging feeling in my breasts, watery-whitish discharge(somtimes smells sweet),lower right side of my stomach tender when pushed-which now the entire bottom section of my stomach is tender-exspecially during intercourse,headaches,not as hungry,& lower dull back ache only on the left side.my period is due in about 10 days could i be pregnant?And if i took A test now would it be reliable?

Thanks Susan, your insight is very helpful. I will post to let you know if we hav had success in a few more days.. :-) keeping my fingers crossd.
Thanks agian

Hi Liza,

Thanks for your post and welcome!

It's likely your period is out of whack to do starting and then stopping the Pill. This is temporary.

The white discharge you mentioned is likely to be a sign of ovulation, not pregnancy, but if you had unprotected sex at this time, you may become pregnant. Since you are 10 days away from your expected period, you would not be experiencing signs of pregnancy already - that's hugely unlikely if not impossible! What you may be feeling are nerves.

Many women who are looking to get pregnant have these bouts all the time, many brought on by nerves or stress. If you are pregnant (and you may be) your symptoms couldn't be linked to pregnancy; it's just far too early.

It's also too early for testing I'm afraid. The earliest you can test is 3-5 days before your expected period.

If your symptoms continue , call your doctor as you may have an unrelated condition - you are experiencing a ton of symptoms - they may need to be checked into.

So take that test in about a week and let us know!
I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks for getting back to me it was very helpful. We are having intercourse while im having the discharge .. you say its possible to become pregnant? would i still get my period? or spot since i have about 10 days before my expected period?. Also during our "time" i find that it hurts when he's in deeper when as before i nevr had discomfort.. what do you suppose that means?? its like he's hitting a wall now that didnt seem to be there any other time. Please get back to as soon as you can, and thanks agian so much for your insight it brings clearity to me.

Hi again

Thanks for your update!

I am not sure why sex is more uncomfortable at this time, it may be due to changes in the cervix around the time of ovulation.

It's possible to become pregnant during ovulation (generally this is when discharge is heavy) - this is the only time to become pregnant and ovulation can vary from month to month.

You won't get your period if you are pregnant and again, you can test 3-5 days before your period is due.