Skipped BCP, pregnancy risk?

By February 28, 2016 - 10:45pm

Hi all, I have a convoluted question. Had dry sex with my boyfriend whilst we were on vacation and did it a few times. I delayed my period with the BCP but decided it was time to do so. We had dry sex in which I felt like it was quite wet down there. We had four layers on underwear and shorts but I am worried my layer was quite thin. So I induced my period on the 3rd day of not having taken the pill but completely forgot taking the pill for the next five days until now. What are the chances ?

Hi Kazzie23!

Pregnancy is impossible - there was no sex - what you did was make out with clothes on. I'm not a fan of the term "dry sex" because it misleads women into thinking they can get pregnant because of the word "sex". Sperm - if there was any - cannot get through layers of clothing, it's scientifically impossible. Besides - you're on the pill, so even if you had full sex with no protection, your risk would only be 1%.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/outercourse-dry-humping-dry-sex-and-other-sexual-behaviors

Call your doctor of pharmacist on what to do next regarding your missed pills.