slluggish,weight gain, inability to focus,thyroidectomy 1960

By October 27, 2011 - 3:49pm

I test low normal on the tsh test am on .025 levothyroxine. Have osteoporosis had unfavorable reaction to bone restoring medication. had 2 knee replacements and now need 2 hips. I am quite active ,play golf twice weekly and envolved with grandchildren. I force myself to function and my endo. Dr. wants me on bone density medication even after an adverse reaction. I am about 20 lbs. overweight and unable to lose midriff fat. Have good diet. I feel it is an endocrine issue. Part of my remaining thyroid has calcified. I had a goiter when I was 21. Whew any suggestions?

Ask your doctor if you might have a problem with your adrenal glands? The symptoms of weight gain and severe fatigue are associated with overactive adrenal glands. You might ask if an AM Cortisol Level blood test can be done to check the function of your adrenal glands.

Hypothyroidism Guide