Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Something like a cord in my vagina

Ever since I first got my period at 14, I have sometimes have problems with tampons seeming to get 'caught' in my vagina. I have figured out that there's a cord-like piece of flesh that stretches across my vagina that the tampon gets stuck on. I am not a virgin, and my hymen definitely broke the first time I had intercourse (there was a lot of blood) but I still occasionally have this problem. It's extremely painful and I have no idea what the 'cord' is or how to get rid of it.

I also have a second question: Sometimes when I have sex, there seems to be a wall in my vagina that blocks the penis from going very deep, and I can feel a strong and painful pressure. This doesn't always happen, but that could just be that I get too caught up to notice or penetration is at a different angle. Is this normal? What's going on?

Anonymous

plz i nid ur help.. my virgina seems blocked, i cud touch a skin
blockin my hole @ abt my middle finger length, & in
d middle is a thick ball-like or cord-like skin that has a tiny hole
in the center, am 20 & not a virgin, but i dnt av sex eva since i lost my virginity.... plz i nid help, i can't talk to any1 @home. & am afraid if dis cud b a serious prob, plz sm1 help

Anonymous

I had exactly the same problem, and for now just gonna stop using tampons for a while but if this ever happens to you and your mum or someone isn't home or your to scared to tell them just stand with one leg up and look. Don't try to pull it out that will only cause massive pain and cutting it will maybe even cause health problems. So what i did was look at it and try to unleash the sting by trying to slip it of the tampon ( gently ) Don't try to panic. it doesn't hurt aslong as you do it gently. hope some of you are less stressed now :)

Anonymous

Im hurting so bad and im only 13 and still a virgin and it hurts really bad to pull the tampon out and I really want it out and I usually use pads but I had ran out of them today after school and had to use my sisters tampons and I've only used them once but it really hurts now and there's a 'cord' like string that's hurting me and I can't take the tampon out and I do that wanna tell my mom because it will be weird.... Is there any way I could deal with this problem???...??....

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You need to stop using tampons for now and use a pad. I know pads aren't comfortable but don't cause yourself pain. 

You do have to talk to your mom - I'm sorry. I know it's weird and uncomfortable but you have to.  No need to go into detail; just tell her the bare minimum and ask to be taken to a gynecologist and make sure she's female if that's more comfortable for you.  You can end all this discomfort in just one visit and you'll be glad you did. 

Anonymous

I have this broken hyman but its weird cause its taking out on my vigina one time i tried to pull it out it bleed,
Is it normal?
How can be healed?
Is this thing could go back by it self soon?
Wait for your reply
COMMENTS. ARE APPRIACETED

As we have said below, a doctor can remove this for you - this is a good idea in case it doesn't come off on it's own. 

Anonymous

Im 14 and a Virgin
I have this cord like thing across the inside of my vagina and I don't know what to do
I'm to scared to tell anyone because I'm scared they will laugh at me
I really want it removed because it's making me feel insecure about myself
Is there anyway I can slowly bring this up to my mum?

Tell your mom that you have discomfort in your private parts and that you think your hymen is breaking but in the way. A doctor can take care of this for you in a matter of minutes and then it'll all be over. I'm sure your mom will understand. I think you should show her this thread and ask her to read it and tell her you are going through the same thing. She will take care of you, I'm sure! 

Anonymous

Please help its still stuck and I'm using the lowest absorbency and it looks like its stuck on a string and I can't get it please help.

Anonymous

Yeah, I'm going to cut it myself.....

How do you control your PMS?: