Something like a cord in my vagina

By Anonymous February 3, 2011 - 7:14pm

Ever since I first got my period at 14, I have sometimes have problems with tampons seeming to get 'caught' in my vagina. I have figured out that there's a cord-like piece of flesh that stretches across my vagina that the tampon gets stuck on. I am not a virgin, and my hymen definitely broke the first time I had intercourse (there was a lot of blood) but I still occasionally have this problem. It's extremely painful and I have no idea what the 'cord' is or how to get rid of it.

I also have a second question: Sometimes when I have sex, there seems to be a wall in my vagina that blocks the penis from going very deep, and I can feel a strong and painful pressure. This doesn't always happen, but that could just be that I get too caught up to notice or penetration is at a different angle. Is this normal? What's going on?

Anonymous

When i was 14 and had my first period and tried my first tampon i realize i had this. It was an awful experience. I had to have my mom help me get the tampon out. Then we went to the Dr. The Dr i went to (was a quack apparently) removed it for me and said this was rare and called webopheria. A few years later i realized there was no such word even in a medical dictionary and everyone i talked to about it (wasnt very many for sure) had no idea what i was taking about. For more than 10 years I've wondered exactly what had happened and if it was just me. Now I'm 26 and i found this post. Something inside me has found closure. I finally know I'm not the only one who had this and I'm not some weird freak of nature or something (i know that's a bit harsh over a little string of skin). This is life changing for me. I still don't know what it's called but i am so happy I'm not alone.

I'm 14 and I've had my period for 6-7 months and this exact thing happened to me. I was on my family holidays and my period just ended, but the next day I saw blood again so I decided to try a tampon for the first time as I needed to swim that day, but my period only lasted a few hours. I searched up loads of different websites to try and help, until I came to this exact conversation. I looked a little closer and saw that there was a little string of skin going over the tampon on both sides. I tried for hours to get it out, but I was so sore it brought me to tears. So I decided to look a little closer, so I punched to tampon into my vaginia a little more and pushed the cord/string to one side, it still hurt like hell but I managed to get it out. I was so happy and the wave of relief that washed over me was unbelievable because I thought I had to go to the doctors and since I was in a different country (America) I was really scared.
I really hope this helps
Pamela xxx

Anonymous

TO EVERYONE SCARED OF TAMPONS BECAUSE OF THIS: I've struggled with this since I got my period and I'm 14. I found that putting in the tampon on one side of the cord and then removing it by pulling to the side where you put it in works best. I wear super tampons and this works fine for me if you just tug it super far to one side. Hope this helps!

Anonymous

I am 20, I have had this exact problem with the strand of flesh. It took six years of going to the doctors for them to finally figure out what my problem is. This is a natural anatomical thing that some of us are unfortunate to be born with (but don't notice it until we're older). I am about to have a minor procedure to get this removed and it will no longer be a problem. Go to your doctor and tell them that this is the problem, it will save you a lot of trouble in the future (tearing during sex, tampons getting stuck etc), good luck!

I have the same problem, but I'm a virgin and it does hurt a lot! Tampons get stuck, I can't finger myself because it isn't big enough, and I feel very uncomfortable going to the doctor about it. What should I do?

Anonymous (reply to Cj Kat)

I think you should go to the doctor and tell them the problem. They will understand and will arrange for it to be removed and you won't ever have to worry about it again. I had the same issue and had it removed when i was 14 years old. The procedure only took a few minutes.

I was just wondering if this procedure hurts, I am 14 and have only just started to notice this with my super tampons I really want to have sex with my boyfriend but I can't because it is way to tight and I'm scared that if I go to the doctor and get this procedure it will hurt.

Does this hurt though? I haven't told my parents and I'm 13

It doesn't hurt - talk to your mom and have this cleared up. Many women have this, it's not something too unusual. You'll be glad when it's gone!

I'm getting my out tomorrow, does it hurt when taken out? Is it awkward with the doctors? Does it feel weird after the removal?