Q: 

Something like a cord in my vagina

By Anonymous February 3, 2011 - 7:14pm

Ever since I first got my period at 14, I have sometimes have problems with tampons seeming to get 'caught' in my vagina. I have figured out that there's a cord-like piece of flesh that stretches across my vagina that the tampon gets stuck on. I am not a virgin, and my hymen definitely broke the first time I had intercourse (there was a lot of blood) but I still occasionally have this problem. It's extremely painful and I have no idea what the 'cord' is or how to get rid of it.

I also have a second question: Sometimes when I have sex, there seems to be a wall in my vagina that blocks the penis from going very deep, and I can feel a strong and painful pressure. This doesn't always happen, but that could just be that I get too caught up to notice or penetration is at a different angle. Is this normal? What's going on?

Anonymous

so um, i had sex for the first time two days ago, and he was really big. I started bleeding a good amount so he said that we should stop and get cleaned up. I went home and got a mirror to look at my bits since I was curious to see if I looked any different, as well as the fact that I felt something right near my vaginal entrance. I saw this little cord looking thing, it was numb to the touch and didn't hurt at all. I got super freaked out so I just cut it and it started bleeding profusely. I put pressure on it and it stopped bleeding, but now I can kinda see the two pieces hanging down a lil bit, and I just wanna make sure that I'm not crazy. I don't even know but I hope that it doesn't affect sex too much....

Anonymous

hey im 15 years old soon turning 16. in couple of days when i have been showering and washing my vagina i have felt this string hanging there, well ofcourse i have pulled it out everytime.. it doesnt hurt or anything to pull it off and i have no idea what it is. and yeah im not a virgin anymore and i thought i was pregnant a week ago because my period was late. But should i go to see a doctor? is it normal that white gooey strings come out of my vagina?

Anonymous

When I was 15 I got a tampon stuck inside my vagina and I literally saw the the cord wrapped around it. I had to call my best friend while I was crying in the bathroom to take it out for me. Ever since then I never bothered with tampons. When I started having sex I knew there was positions I could do and couldn't and felt ashamed because of that. Sometimes it felt good sometimes unbearable. Two days ago my boyfriend and I had sex and he moved in an upward motion with his penis and I heard a pop that hurt him and I both. I got up and started bleeding profusely on the floor and I could tell it was actual blood not period blood. After debating if we should go to the hospital or not we decided to wait it and it finally stopped. When I look in the mirror I saw the cord had snapped in half and was raw where it ripped. I am currently still spotting. Reading this forum gives me the courage to want to go to the Gynecologist. I was just so scared and of being told I wasn't normal. Thank you guys for sharing. -Ani

Anonymous

I have had this ever since I can remember, originally thought it was caused by a labial adhesion that I may have had when I was young and it didn't open in the same spot. My Daughter had a labial adhesion when she was a baby so I thought that might have caused it for me? the 'string' would get caught on tampons for me as well, at some point, during intercourse maybe, it had broke and I was left with two little pieces of skin that stick out sometimes :( I remember trying to remove it myself! I was so embarrassed! I'm recently divorced and am now more curious as to what it is, glad I found this thread because I thought I was the only one as well. I'm nervous to be intimate with anyone else, my ex husband was very understanding and never brought it up and didn't even care that it was there, but I'm afraid I'll have to explain it to anyone else I'm with in the future, might have to go to the dr and get it removed. thanks for the information!

i am 18 & the same thing happened to me but for me it is just a string that hangs down. this just happened a few days ago & im confused what my next steps should be. ive considered cutting it but i don't want to make it worse. thank you!

For me it eventually just broke on its own, I never cut it. But I think when I was 11-13 I would pinch it to see if it hurt, which is sorta ridiculous. But I think eventually that and normal friction broke it and I didn't notice right away.

Anonymous

I'm am 21 and I have always had this, I knew it was normal after talking to whom I felt most comfortable, however it was ripped after my first time having sex with my husband, ( it was not my first time ever just first time with him) and I now have three children I have seen 12 different obgyns, and asked them to remove it, and they all told me no. I explained that it was causing me pain and that when I sit a certain way it hurts and that when I bend over and my work pants ride up it hurts just as bad as some one cutting it with scissors (I would imagine), but they still told me no. I have seen them from different states so I know it is where I live they just keep telling me I'm fine and it's something else that's bothering it because it is impossible to feel that little flap of skin. I am short tempered when it comes to idiot adults and I have not seen a doctor since my third child was born 6 months ago. After it tore a while back it seemed to heal. Well as a married woman with children my husband and I don't "get it in" as often as we'd like but we still do, but this past time (going on a month now) it tore again, except this time it has caused a yeast infection that I cannot get rid of and the only obygn office around me says that they can't do anything for yeast infections. And I of course (short tempered) said " are you f***ing kidding my you are p***y doctors, that is where my problem is and you can't help me how the f*** does that work. So now I'm itchy irritated, in pain and sex deprived. So no it's not always as easy as everyone keeps saying it is. I had this thing bothering me since my first period at 9years old.

I've gone to see my primary care doctor for yeast infections. If your obgyn can't/won't help you. Your primary care should. Otherwise you should change your gyno because you need to find help. Somewhere!

Anonymous

I am 26 and have this problem. I found out I had this loop like peice of skin when I was 15 never told anyone and just tried to deal with it. Im very sexualy active with my boyfriend and it has occasionally got in the way but never has his penise been stuck.. I think after time the loop gets bigger but still swells up and gets abit sore when this happens. I would advise anyone with this issue to have it looked at by a doctor and have it removed. Im very privet that's why iv never had it looked at but after reading this post i now no its quiet common and will definitely get it removed now. Thanks.

Anonymous

My daughter who is 13 now,just went through this same scenario. She had used a tampon for the first time and had an impossible time getting it all the way in had major discomfort getting it out and would not try it again until 2 years later and swim season rolled around. Her 2nd attempt at 13 went smoothly. In and out with no pain so she decided all was well, and put one in before school. 5 hours later, at school she tried to take it out. It only came out half way and was excruciatingly painful. She said she could see skin wrapped up in the tampon. After looking at it we went straight to my OB/GYN. It was a vaginal septum about the diameter of a matchstick that runs vertically across her vagina. When pulling the tampon out, it was trying to pull the septum out with it. My doctor removed the tampon and will perform a quick in office procedure to snip and cauterize the tissue later this week. Just felt like I had to share this to help the next unsuspecting mother/girl who experiences this unusual occurrence.