Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Something like a cord in my vagina

Ever since I first got my period at 14, I have sometimes have problems with tampons seeming to get 'caught' in my vagina. I have figured out that there's a cord-like piece of flesh that stretches across my vagina that the tampon gets stuck on. I am not a virgin, and my hymen definitely broke the first time I had intercourse (there was a lot of blood) but I still occasionally have this problem. It's extremely painful and I have no idea what the 'cord' is or how to get rid of it.

I also have a second question: Sometimes when I have sex, there seems to be a wall in my vagina that blocks the penis from going very deep, and I can feel a strong and painful pressure. This doesn't always happen, but that could just be that I get too caught up to notice or penetration is at a different angle. Is this normal? What's going on?

Anonymous

Im 14 and a Virgin
I have this cord like thing across the inside of my vagina and I don't know what to do
I'm to scared to tell anyone because I'm scared they will laugh at me
I really want it removed because it's making me feel insecure about myself
Is there anyway I can slowly bring this up to my mum?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Tell your mom that you have discomfort in your private parts and that you think your hymen is breaking but in the way. A doctor can take care of this for you in a matter of minutes and then it'll all be over. I'm sure your mom will understand. I think you should show her this thread and ask her to read it and tell her you are going through the same thing. She will take care of you, I'm sure! 

Anonymous

Please help its still stuck and I'm using the lowest absorbency and it looks like its stuck on a string and I can't get it please help.

Anonymous

Yeah, I'm going to cut it myself.....

Anonymous

Can I just cut the cord myself with a sterile pair of scissors? I'm 15 and have been having this problem for years. My parents don't believe I should be going to the gyno. I'm so sick of all this pain...

Please do not cut this on your own. You can go to a regular doctor who can help you with this-  insist on it to your parents. You have every right to see a doctor! 

Will you update us?

Anonymous

I am 16 years old and I have just discovered this problem. I put a tampon in and I cannot get it out... I've looked down there and I can see the cord caught inside of the tampon. I will get it looked at, but I am Away right now so i just need to know how to remove the tampon with the cord stuck in it!!!!! Please help asap because the tampon has already been in for 3 hours and I have to go to sleep soon. I can't ask my mom for help because she isn't with me! How do I get it out??????? Please help I am panicking

Well, honestly. Just pull it out. I seriously just had this problem ten minutes ago. I hope you got the tampon out by now, but if it happens in the future, try different positions while pulling it out, wait a little bit longer, because three hours is not long enough to leave a tampon in, your tampon is probably still dry, hence your struggle, and frankly, you probably don't realize how light your flow actually is. But seriously, if you really want it out, just pull it out. Yeah it's gonna hurt like a bitch, but only for legit a second. And then it will be over, and you'll be proud of yourself for being strong and brave enough, to pull the damn thing out.

I'm in the exact same position someone please help

Anonymous

How much does it cost to get this procedure done?

How do you control your PMS?: