Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Something like a cord in my vagina

Ever since I first got my period at 14, I have sometimes have problems with tampons seeming to get 'caught' in my vagina. I have figured out that there's a cord-like piece of flesh that stretches across my vagina that the tampon gets stuck on. I am not a virgin, and my hymen definitely broke the first time I had intercourse (there was a lot of blood) but I still occasionally have this problem. It's extremely painful and I have no idea what the 'cord' is or how to get rid of it.

I also have a second question: Sometimes when I have sex, there seems to be a wall in my vagina that blocks the penis from going very deep, and I can feel a strong and painful pressure. This doesn't always happen, but that could just be that I get too caught up to notice or penetration is at a different angle. Is this normal? What's going on?

Anonymous

I don't have any problems with mine other than my tampon sometimes gets "stuck" when I take it out. It's a thin piece of skin, like a cord I suppose but I can't tell it's even there at all. I would have never noticed but it did get stuck on my tampon but then I have to kinda push it out of the way I guess and then it's fine. My boyfriend has noticed this as well, I'm a virgin but I've been having a period for a while. And it doesn't hurt or anything until I try to take out my tampon but that's only sometimes. Going back to the obgyn in February so I might ask about it then. I don't even ever notice it though until I take out my tampon. Trying to see what all it could be and if it's anything to worry about.

Anonymous

Um so i also have a piece of skin covering my vagina and it's really long and it has a little hole on the middle of it. Like when the skin is pulled parallel to my legs the hole goes through it perpendicular. I haven't had my period yet but I think I will soon and I'm really scared. I dont want to use tampons because they are really scary sounding like they might get stuck. But pads wont work because i swim! Someone please just answer what the skin is. PLEASE!!

sounds like your hymen. every girl is different. if you can see the inside of your vagina, and it's attached to the inside, then it's most likey your hymen. tell your mom so she can take you to the obgyn. this happened to me, but I could still insert a tampon because it moved. the obgyn will cut it off, if that's what it is. can you insert anything up there?

is the skin covering the opening of your vagina? because I don't know how to say it, but you do have to little flaps on the top of your vagina.. no need to be afraid of using tampons, but make sure you understand how to use them.

Ya its covering the opening

Anonymous

I have the weird cord like thing across my hole and I'm worried.. What will happen to me? I mean I have had it scince I can remember it's a real embarrassment. At first I thought my intestines were falling out of my vigina hole. I am 13 and I just recently started using tampons and every time I use them they will get stuck on this weird "cord".. Will it affect my child birthing when I'm older? Will it prevent or cause pain during sex? I'm very worried and I really would not like to tell my mom. Please help me.. Do I go to a gynecologist? Or is it normal? I'm using pads currently because I'm scared a tampon might get stuck again and never come out. If you could just tell me what's going on and what I should do I would be grateful...

the same thing happened to me due to me not properly pulling out my tampon the first time.. I got my period when I was in 7th grade and noticed it about 8th grade.. I thought it was HPV even though I was a virgin. ( dont ask, im paranoid ) so I finally told my mom. I was very insecure about it. she took me to the obgyn and she told me it was my hymen. the hymen was still in tact, but ripped. so she cut the part that was hanging out. she told me it's common in girls. but fyi, any girl can see their hymen if they take a mirror up to the vagina and open it up a little bit. it's natural. but if it's hanging out, I would tell your mom. don't worry, it won't affect you having children. tell your mom what's going on, and everything will be good!

Anonymous

plz i nid ur help.. my virgina seems blocked, i cud touch a skin
blockin my hole @ abt my middle finger length, & in
d middle is a thick ball-like or cord-like skin that has a tiny hole
in the center, am 20 & not a virgin, but i dnt av sex eva since i lost my virginity.... plz i nid help, i can't talk to any1 @home. & am afraid if dis cud b a serious prob, plz sm1 help

Cdizzle (reply to Anonymous)

This is called your cervix. If you have ever heard of a doctor telling someone that they're "blank centimeters dialated", this is the thing they are talkingg about that is stretching because the baby comes out of that and into the vaginal area, and then out of your vagina hole.

Anonymous

I had exactly the same problem, and for now just gonna stop using tampons for a while but if this ever happens to you and your mum or someone isn't home or your to scared to tell them just stand with one leg up and look. Don't try to pull it out that will only cause massive pain and cutting it will maybe even cause health problems. So what i did was look at it and try to unleash the sting by trying to slip it of the tampon ( gently ) Don't try to panic. it doesn't hurt aslong as you do it gently. hope some of you are less stressed now :)

How do you control your PMS?: