Something like a cord in my vagina

By Anonymous February 3, 2011 - 7:14pm

Ever since I first got my period at 14, I have sometimes have problems with tampons seeming to get 'caught' in my vagina. I have figured out that there's a cord-like piece of flesh that stretches across my vagina that the tampon gets stuck on. I am not a virgin, and my hymen definitely broke the first time I had intercourse (there was a lot of blood) but I still occasionally have this problem. It's extremely painful and I have no idea what the 'cord' is or how to get rid of it.

I also have a second question: Sometimes when I have sex, there seems to be a wall in my vagina that blocks the penis from going very deep, and I can feel a strong and painful pressure. This doesn't always happen, but that could just be that I get too caught up to notice or penetration is at a different angle. Is this normal? What's going on?

I'm 14 and I've had my period for 6-7 months and this exact thing happened to me. I was on my family holidays and my period just ended, but the next day I saw blood again so I decided to try a tampon for the first time as I needed to swim that day, but my period only lasted a few hours. I searched up loads of different websites to try and help, until I came to this exact conversation. I looked a little closer and saw that there was a little string of skin going over the tampon on both sides. I tried for hours to get it out, but I was so sore it brought me to tears. So I decided to look a little closer, so I punched to tampon into my vaginia a little more and pushed the cord/string to one side, it still hurt like hell but I managed to get it out. I was so happy and the wave of relief that washed over me was unbelievable because I thought I had to go to the doctors and since I was in a different country (America) I was really scared.
I really hope this helps
Pamela xxx

TO EVERYONE SCARED OF TAMPONS BECAUSE OF THIS: I've struggled with this since I got my period and I'm 14. I found that putting in the tampon on one side of the cord and then removing it by pulling to the side where you put it in works best. I wear super tampons and this works fine for me if you just tug it super far to one side. Hope this helps!

I am 20, I have had this exact problem with the strand of flesh. It took six years of going to the doctors for them to finally figure out what my problem is. This is a natural anatomical thing that some of us are unfortunate to be born with (but don't notice it until we're older). I am about to have a minor procedure to get this removed and it will no longer be a problem. Go to your doctor and tell them that this is the problem, it will save you a lot of trouble in the future (tearing during sex, tampons getting stuck etc), good luck!

I have the same problem, but I'm a virgin and it does hurt a lot! Tampons get stuck, I can't finger myself because it isn't big enough, and I feel very uncomfortable going to the doctor about it. What should I do?

Anonymous (reply to Cj Kat)

I think you should go to the doctor and tell them the problem. They will understand and will arrange for it to be removed and you won't ever have to worry about it again. I had the same issue and had it removed when i was 14 years old. The procedure only took a few minutes.

Does this hurt though? I haven't told my parents and I'm 13

It doesn't hurt - talk to your mom and have this cleared up. Many women have this, it's not something too unusual. You'll be glad when it's gone!

I had the same problem. I'm 15 and I've had my period since I was 12 and I hadn't used tampons till I was around 13 1/2 and one day my tampon got really stuck and I pulled real hard and hardly got it out, and now I have it hanging out of me. I tried to shove it back in but it never worked for me, and just recently my boyfriend and I were having sex and it's not ripped in half an I'm not sure what to do cuz now there are jusr two random skin strings hanging out of me and it's super gross.

Have you ever figure out what what the cord like thing that broken in to was I have the same thing happened and I'm scared please help

Hi I am a 17 year old who has had her period for 4 years I have been using tampons for 2. I have that same issue I have yet to go see a gynecologist but I frequently stay using tamping the u by Kotex regular are good brands don't leave it in for more than 3 hours because then that's how it gets stuck! When it does get stuck lift one leg up on something and get a mirror and slide the cord away from the tanpon if you already know you have this automatically be very gentile when taking out the tampon! My one wort is that yes I am a virgin so I am pretty scared as to what happens when I first have sex does that get in the way?