ask: Sore breasts and nipples 5 days after last period, Home pregnancy test came up negative?

Why f I'm not pregnant are my breasts and nipples so extremely sore?

Anonymous

I was suppose to have my period on the 03rd may 2015. im on a 32 days cycle. I had my period on the 08th may2015. normally I bleed for 6 to 7 days. but this time it was three days heavy bleeding. could I be pregnant? I've been trying for a baby for sometimes now

Anonymous

I had my period from the 15th thru the 20th (Thursday - Monday April, 2015) My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex the Thursday after my period now a week later I'm having cramping in my lower abdomen, my breasts are always killing me, I randomly get sleepy.. Is there a possibity I'm pregnant?

Anonymous

I started my period exactly one week ago today and it was about a week earlier than I expected it. It lasted about 3 days (heavy bleeding) and then another 2 days of brown "old" blood. I have only been finished with my period about 2 days now. Yesterday I woke up and my nipples and breasts were sore like they get right before I start my period every month, which is very confusing to me! I have never had this happen. A little backstory: I have had to take Plan B twice in the past four weeks - both times due to a condom breaking or slipping. Could that big dose of hormones be causing the sore breasts? Also I took an HPT first thing this morning and it was negative. What's going on? Has anyone experienced this? Please reply!

daswon

I have stopped taking birth control about 8 months ago in hopes of having one more child. The pain started much earlier this month than regularly. Usually about 7 days before my period but this month they started to hurt about 5 days after my period and my next period isnt due till around the 15th of sept.

Alison Beaver (reply to daswon)

If the pain continues for more than a week, you can call your doctor. The breast pain can still be related to your period even if it is after your period, but pain that is severe or accompanies any type of discharge from the nipple or if your breast feels hot to the touch...these would indicate an infection and you would need to call your doctor. Otherwise, the pain may be hormone-related (even if it is the first time it has happened), and if the pain worsens or continues for more than 7 days, a call to your GYN would be a good idea.

Did you read the information I sent to you (the link Breast Pain from above)?

It would make sense that you would have a negative pregnancy test, as your period indicates that you are not pregnant. Have you been having unprotected sex? Are you trying to conceive or trying to prevent pregnancy?

Some women do experience sore breasts and nipples before, during and after their period. It may be hormone-related, or from any number of activities (sexual activity that was a little too rough, too tight sports bra, chaffing during exercise).

If you continue to have breast pain that is not cyclical (related to the cycle of your period), it is important to call your doctor if your pain continues. You can read about this topic at the EmpowHer encyclopedia: Breast Pain.

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

I know this was a long time ago but I have to say some women bleed during pregnancy, the bleeding can be exactly like normal menstrual bleeding, this is called deducial bleeding. Alison said "your period indicates that you are not pregnant" this is not always true as dedicual bleeding can be exactly like your period and comes around the same time as that your period would be due. You can't have a period during pregnancy but you can bleed. As dedicual bleeding is very much like your period it can be mistaken for a period. I hate it when people give advice that they are totally adamant about and it is not fully true as life is not black and white and a text book!

thanks for that my breast and nipples are sore and it started 6 Days after my period, the home pregnancy test shows negative so what can be the cause of this.

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :