Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

ask: Sore breasts and nipples 5 days after last period, Home pregnancy test came up negative?

Why f I'm not pregnant are my breasts and nipples so extremely sore?

daswon

I have stopped taking birth control about 8 months ago in hopes of having one more child. The pain started much earlier this month than regularly. Usually about 7 days before my period but this month they started to hurt about 5 days after my period and my next period isnt due till around the 15th of sept.

Alison Beaver (reply to daswon)

If the pain continues for more than a week, you can call your doctor. The breast pain can still be related to your period even if it is after your period, but pain that is severe or accompanies any type of discharge from the nipple or if your breast feels hot to the touch...these would indicate an infection and you would need to call your doctor. Otherwise, the pain may be hormone-related (even if it is the first time it has happened), and if the pain worsens or continues for more than 7 days, a call to your GYN would be a good idea.

Did you read the information I sent to you (the link Breast Pain from above)?

It would make sense that you would have a negative pregnancy test, as your period indicates that you are not pregnant. Have you been having unprotected sex? Are you trying to conceive or trying to prevent pregnancy?

Some women do experience sore breasts and nipples before, during and after their period. It may be hormone-related, or from any number of activities (sexual activity that was a little too rough, too tight sports bra, chaffing during exercise).

If you continue to have breast pain that is not cyclical (related to the cycle of your period), it is important to call your doctor if your pain continues. You can read about this topic at the EmpowHer encyclopedia: Breast Pain.

Do you suffer from springtime allergies?: