Sore throat, migraine, tender carotid artery and sore tongue??

I recently have gotten a sore throat which is normally no big deal, but when I apply LIGHT pressure to my right carotid artery it is SO UNCOMFORTABLE. I have had a migraine for 2 days and I don't know how or why but my tongue also feels sore. (I imagine this is what the healing pain would feel like after a tongue piercing). Could my tongue and my carotid have anything to do with my sore throat?? I hurts to even swallow any kind of liquid.

Hi missfloga

It sounds like you may have an infection in your ENT area. The Ears, Nose and Throat are all connected. I suspect the tenderness you feel along your carotid artery may actually be enlarged thyroid glands due possibly to a virus. This is quite common when talking about ENT problems.

Your migraine may be due to sinus pressure.

I am prone to ENT infections myself and know how miserable they can make you. Please see a doctor so this can be cleared up. I hope you feel better soon.