spotting day period is due..pregnant or period?

i had unprotected sex about 2 weeks ago and my period was due today, but all i noticed was some dark brown spotting. i havent had any pregnancy symptoms but i also havent noticed my normal pms symptoms either.. ive been very stressed out about it, could that be the cause of the spotting today instead of my normal period?

If you are spotting the day your period is due, it's probably your period starting, albeit slowly.  Give it a couple of days.

If it doesn't start, take a pregnancy test to rule that out. 

i woke up to it this morning!! thank you :)