Spotting before period while on birth control

By January 26, 2011 - 7:36pm

I have been on birth control for a few years now but just recently changed birth controls. This is the first month on my new birth control and have not missed a single pill yet. About 2 weeks before my period was to start I had very sore breasts. About a week later, while my breasts are not ad sore, I have began spotting. I haven't ever had spotting before so I am not sure if it is due to changing birth controls or being pregnant. I have also had a little bit of cramping, been a little emotional and had frequent urination. Any advice would be great!

Hi Hstark,
You may want to call your doctor and ask them what could be going on, given that you just changed birth control pills. Explain to them what happened, and ask them why they think you are experiencing breakthrough bleeding. Is there a particular reason why you switched pills?
Good luck! Let us know what you find out and how you are doing.