Hi! I am a 20 year old college student and I have always been weak (in that I always get tired easily, I did not play sports in school but whenever we had PE or something similar I would get tired easily and feel faintish sometimes!) . So I want to get healthy and increase my stamina. The things is, I'm skinny, so I need some advice and exercise tips on how I can increase my stamina and get toned WITHOUT losing weight? I'm really thin but I do want to be more active and have more strength.

Thank you!!

First, it's a good idea to have an overall checkup to make sure your general health is ok. It's not a good thing to be so winded or tired after PE and certainly not good to feel faint. Have your blood tested for iron content too.

If all is well, start out slowly. Take a walk every day and extend the length of your walks, gradually. You can move on to swimming, gym equipment and weights eventually. Stamina is achieved from lots of practice and committment so you need to build up your stamina gradually. You can also take dance classes, tennis and lots of other fun things - as well as Yoga - that will help too. Don't give up and push through when you feel like you want to give up. A few sessions with a personal trainer could help too but starting off simply is a good idea.