Started new OCP after Mirena, missed a couple week two

By January 23, 2016 - 4:19pm

I am 42. I had my Mirena removed after 5yrs, 3 months and started lo Loestrin the next day. Have taken it within 3-5 hour window each day. The first two days week two I had bad diarrhea (& didn't know this qualified as a "missed dose" until too late). The third day I had copious EWCM, had intercourse and had some uterine cramping that night followed by spotting (which I'm currently having..have consistently taken only one pill a day and have only taken 10 days worth of pills (in the ten days since Mirena removal-one per day)

What are chanced of pregnancy?

Hi Busyizzie

Birth control can be less effective when there is diarrhea for two or more days, especially if it's bad, as you mentioned. So this may indeed be considered two missed doses and your risk has been raised but to what extent we can't say. A lot of cervical mucus can mean ovulation.
If you don't get your period when expected then take a test but your risk is still lower than no birth control at all.