still doubtful after negative pregnancy test result

By Anonymous December 1, 2010 - 6:34am

hi. my boyfriend and i always had protected sex. we did everything right and we made sure that the condoms are not damaged or expired or anything like that. we had sex over 3 weeks ago and im worried coz i still havent gotten my period. my menstrual cycle is fairly regular but i dont keep track. sometimes my cycle takes up to 35-38 days. my last period was on the 26th of october and until now i didnt notice any spotting which usually happens to me when im about to have my period. im stressed out so i took a pregnancy kit today and it was negative but i read somewhere that its still not reliable unless you missed your period for two weeks. im confused. could i be pregnant?please help. thank you!

If you always have protected sex and have a cycle up to 38 days long AND you just had a negative pregnancy test, then it's highly unlikely you are pregnant. You are on day 36 at the moment so your period should be along any day now. Trust your test for now! If you still don't have your period a week from now, then test again.

I hope this helps!

thank you so much for responding susan! i really needed to hear that. i hope my period comes this week. id update soon. again, thank you.