Stomach cramps

My period isn't due for 14 days and I finished ovulating according to my tracker (which is never wrong. Amazes me) two days ago. This morning I woke up with mild cramping in my lower abdomen and a slight back pain in my lower back. I usually get this sort of pain the day before I come on but gets progressively worse towards the actual bleed. What could it be?

The sudden onset of lower abdominal cramping and slight lower back pain could be the result of muscle strain, presence of a kidney stone, or irritable bowel syndrome.

If these symptoms worsen and persist, you will need to contact your physician.