stomach upset

By Anonymous December 13, 2010 - 11:32am

I get stomach upsets that seem like too much coffee. I have cut way back but still get this feeling at different times a day....even days when I dont drink coffee at all. Is this soemthing to be concerned about?

You may have an allergy going on that may be caffeine related. Here is a list of foods and drinks that contain it: http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000131000000000000000.html

You may also have a different kind of allergy that you would need to get tested on.

When you say you have an upset stomach, does this mean you vomit? Or do you have diarrhea?

Start cutting out caffeine altogether (including tea, chocolate, pop and other drinks/foods on that list) and see what happens. Many of our foods, from breakfast cereals to cakes and pies have it, you'd be surprised how sneaky caffeine is! If there is no improvement then see your doctor. You also may have an inflammatory condition in your bowels, not your stomach. Testing will rule things out for you.

Please keep us posted, I'm interested to hear how things develop.