Stopped taking BC mid pack?

By Anonymous April 24, 2015 - 11:41am

I was on viorele bc from November to February. Had period the week of February 20th. Was out of town and never refilled pack. I started my period April 2nd and started a new pack of bc on April 9th. Took 8 pills and stopped (April 16th). Had unprotected sex with my husband on Saturday April 18th. Started breakthrough bleeding April 19th and am still bleeding fairly heavily today April 24th. What are the chances that I ovulated? Will I not ovulate until after the breakthrough bleed? What are the statistical chances that I could get pregnant? I know I screwed up my cycle. Just wondering possibility of ovulating after taking 8 pills then stopping and not having been on bc the month before. Thanks for your answers!

Thanks for your post.

We don't give statistics about your risks of getting pregnant or ovulating because it would be impossible for us to know that, based on the fact that every woman is different. 

If you're bleeding then it's more likely you'll ovulate about 14 days after the first day of your bleeding (going by an average cycle) and not before. However, to say you aren't going to get pregnant isn't something anyone can guarantee you.

Anything else is pure speculation.