stopping birth control mid pack

By April 20, 2011 - 10:33am

I've been taking birth control for over teen years and this months i firgot to take three pills in a row then I took one and then forgot for another 4 days so i just decided to not take the rest of the pack. are there going to be any medical reprucussions?

We are ready to begin to try and get pregnant, how long should i wait or do i need to wait until the birthcontrol is out of my system?

Hi dizzylizzy,

Thanks for your post and welcome! There should be no repercussions for going off your birth control this way (just know that it may take 1-3 months for your natural cycle to regulate itself) and you can try for pregnancy right now; there is no need to wait.

Good luck to you and I hope you have a No Vacancy sign on your uterus very soon!

Thanks so much!