Stopping a period by using an oral contraceptive

I am 42 & have not been on any means of contraception for the past 5 years. I will be travelling in a months time and opted to start using an oral contraceptive (microval) in order to stop/regulate my menses while on travel. I started this on my first day of menses in June but since then I'v had my period twice (after 24 days) and thereafter some irregular bleeding.
Is this all normal? Do i continue with this & allow my body to adjust to the microval or is the irregular bleeding an indication of how this pill is affecting my body, contrary to the reason for me using it? Some advice please as i am limited for time.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for seeking our advice. Please contact your gynecologist who prescribed Micoval today.

Since there are no placebo pills with Microval, you should not have a period. Having two periods after 24 days on the pill is of concern.