Strange mole issues

By September 3, 2015 - 7:29pm

Sorry this is long, but it's kind of strange. I have a hx of stage one melanoma, so I check myself and go to the dermatologist regularly. I'm very familiar with all the many types of growths people get, having so many kinds myself. So it's unusual for me to not understand something going on with this, but the doctor is brushing me off so I thought maybe someone here could help.
For one, the other day I had a bikini wax and the woman burned me and did a horrible job; I took pictures to prove it. In the pictures, I noticed a dark mole, slightly raised looking, that I hadn't seen before. I checked it out and nothing was there. It was in several pictures, *only* with the flash, in the same spot, same shape, same color no matter how I angled the camera, and I zoomed in, it was perfectly clear. The thing is, there's *nothing there*. Nothing to the naked eye. It only showed up when I used the flash of the camera. Not without it.

Then this morning when I was brushing my teeth, I saw a dark mole on my tongue, on the top. It wasn't there last night, I didn't bite my tongue, it wasn't a blood blister; in fact it looked exactly like the mole in my bikini area, same shade of darkness too. I had my chiropractor and my massage therapist look at it too, to verify for me that it was indeed a mole. They agreed, definitely a mole. Thing is, it literally faded away within a few hours. Just got lighter and lighter and was gone by the time I got to the dermatologist. Blood blisters don't do that, I've had many. This WAS a mole, or some sort of growth. The one on my bikini area is gone, too, as far as I can tell, because it's suddenly not showing up in pics. What on Earth is going on? I've had moles show up in a single day many times, and they've had to be removed per my dermatologist. I've always been dead on when I worry about a growth. But I've never had them disappear just as quickly, and never had one show up on in a picture, only with the flash. Seriously, it's driving me crazy. Is there anybody out there who has ever heard of anything like this?

Hi hlb321

This is very strange indeed. I assume the tongue mole was visible without the flash since others saw it.

Moles can certainly disappear over time but I've never heard of them appearing and reappearing within hours.

Do you think it's possible that you had hives?

The only thing I can think of is that these were some kind of reaction to something, perhaps an allergy.

I hope someone who has experienced this will read your post and reply. If this happens again, take photos straight away. What did the dermatologist say?