ask: Strange pain/burning in nipples.

It started last night where both of my nipples started to be really painful and almost with a burning sensation. I am 26, not pregnant (never have been). The nipples look perfectly fine with no discharge or swelling or anything. Today is started again in my right nipple. Can anyone give me some insight on what this might be or how to make it go away? Thanks.

Anonymous

i'm 15 years old my breast hurts before come on my period.
i never had children. not pregnant either.
my breast just start burning and when some rub against my nipple n burn to whats going on help me please! might have to just go to the doctor but got to find another one that accept my insurance
help please

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You don't need a doctor - this breast pain is common before a period. It's known as mastalgia and is due to a change in your hormones before your period starts. This is also called pre-menstrual syndrome: PMS. 

You can read more about PMS here:

http://www.empowher.com/pms/content/pms-symptoms-diagnosis-and-causes

Anonymous

I am 21 , suddently while having a hot water bath i felt sensation on my nipples. I am confused weather it was burning or itching. But after my bath d sensation stopped.please rply....is it an early sign of cancer? Or sumthing else? Plsss rply!

This is not a sign of cancer. If it happened due to a hot bath and it stopped when you got out, then it is a result of the hot water. You have nothing to worry about - it probably just irritated your nipples. 

Anonymous

Recently my nipples have been really tender and this morning after taking a shower both nipples started a really painful burning sensation,i aplied sudercrem which worked for about 30 mins and i cant really keep applying it, whats wrong with my nipples and how thehell do i stop it! PS im NOT pregnant??

Anonymous

I have this all the time. As said already I believe its just dry nipples. I wear a bra all the time and when I do finally take it off that's when it starts to burn. I found the best solution. Im not sure if its back or whatever but it works great for me. I apply a moisturizing lip balm to them and it goes away. However dont use the medicated ones or mint ones cause they will defiantly make you tingle more. But yeah it works just great for me. Im 18 and hope this helps!

Anonymous

Sometimes this happens because your nipples are dry. This happens especially in the winter when your stay inside a lot because your furnace or heater will dry you out

Anonymous

Well I'm 14 and my boobs inside the nipple burns and I relize that before or after your period some freaky stuff is going to happen to your body also during your period. There is nothing wrong with that but if your really losing sleep about it talk to your doctor and make a plan for the next time something weird happens.
Best of luck!
Raine

Anonymous

I am having the same burning/stinging sensation in my nipples as we speak. I am 27 with no children, however I am on my period. I was told by my nurse friend that it is most commonly due to hormones in pregnant women, but it is sometimes seen in females during their period or during ovulation because of the serge of hormones. If it lasts more than a few days then it's time to see a doctor. This has happened to me quite a few times before and I have found that the best things to do are to either wear very loose, COTTON shirts without a bra, or to wear a bra that is tight fitting. Hope I put some minds at ease! Sorry I dont have much advice on how to make it stop though!! If I did then I wouldnt have even ventured to this thread in the first place! Lol

ok but I am 50 years old tubes tied children are grown my oldest one is 34 and I can't get pregnant so this morning taking a bath my nipples started to burn and I don't know why

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :