Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

ask: Strange pain/burning in nipples.

It started last night where both of my nipples started to be really painful and almost with a burning sensation. I am 26, not pregnant (never have been). The nipples look perfectly fine with no discharge or swelling or anything. Today is started again in my right nipple. Can anyone give me some insight on what this might be or how to make it go away? Thanks.

Anonymous

Sometimes this happens because your nipples are dry. This happens especially in the winter when your stay inside a lot because your furnace or heater will dry you out

Anonymous

Well I'm 14 and my boobs inside the nipple burns and I relize that before or after your period some freaky stuff is going to happen to your body also during your period. There is nothing wrong with that but if your really losing sleep about it talk to your doctor and make a plan for the next time something weird happens.
Best of luck!
Raine

Anonymous

I am having the same burning/stinging sensation in my nipples as we speak. I am 27 with no children, however I am on my period. I was told by my nurse friend that it is most commonly due to hormones in pregnant women, but it is sometimes seen in females during their period or during ovulation because of the serge of hormones. If it lasts more than a few days then it's time to see a doctor. This has happened to me quite a few times before and I have found that the best things to do are to either wear very loose, COTTON shirts without a bra, or to wear a bra that is tight fitting. Hope I put some minds at ease! Sorry I dont have much advice on how to make it stop though!! If I did then I wouldnt have even ventured to this thread in the first place! Lol

ok but I am 50 years old tubes tied children are grown my oldest one is 34 and I can't get pregnant so this morning taking a bath my nipples started to burn and I don't know why

Anonymous

I'm 12 almost thirteen and I started my period at the end of sixth grade. And basically all day my nipples have been burning and I don't know why sometimes wen I press them it doesn't hurt as bad but other times it makes it feel worst.

Anonymous

I know this is a woman's page but my husband right chest started to burn inside and it burns when you touch it. It stared to hurt yesterday at night and he says he doesn't know why. He says it burns around the nipple. Does he have something or no...

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

We cannot tell you what may be wrong. It could be nerve pain or an infection or something else. I would advise he see a doctor as soon as possible. 

Anonymous

Hello! Just to say I'm glad I am not alone! Yesterday afternoon after I got out of my pool both of my nipple felt like it was burning , it kinda felt like a burning sensation on both breast!! Also I'm just 14 and started my period yesterday night. Now it kinda feel alright as I press it!! But overall in my conclusion if it happens again yOu should were a push up bra or a bra that is comfortable and then slightly press it against your arm or hands for a while and sit down while pressing because it my go away! That's what I did to stop the burning or something!!!!

my nipple is buring but idk wat to do so pls HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

We cannot tell you what to do - you need an examination from a medical professional in order to figure out this burning. Please make an appointment as soon as you can so this pain can be relieved.