By July 7, 2014 - 9:28am

Hi, There is something I would like to know more about which is end of next month I'm going to have breast biopsy done which is my first time and I'm scared and I want to know how does such procedure work exactly? I also have something called sebaceous cyst which is located next to my breast my doctor doesn't know what it is exactly but this is what he thinks it is and he is removing it for me through surgery and while I'm in surgery he will also be doing my breast biopsy I want to know such surgery and biopsy are they safe procedures? How would a person feel after such surgery and procedure? For the biopsy would the doctor know the results right away or takes time to get the results? Does such result come in a report so I can be able to get a copy of the report? Please let me know about these soon.
Thank You,

Hi Melissa

These procedures and very common and safe. A biopsy is just taking a tiny piece of tissue out for examination in a lab. 

Learn about breast biopsy here: 

You will have to wait for your results but many doctors will tell you how the tissue looks (healthy or otherwise) an hour or so after the procedure during your chat with him/her. 

You can absolutely get a copy of the report, it should come to you as a matter of procedure but also make the request so that this is confirmed. 

Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes! 

okay thank you for letting me know.