Swollen erethra

By March 24, 2015 - 4:06am

Thankfully I searched to see if there was any information online. Having read how many women of all ages suffer from this complaint without any obvious symptoms, I was immediately relieved to discover I wasn't alone. I made an appointment to see my female doctor yesterday who after examining me, said she couldn't find anything abnormal, and not to worry about it. I was not happy to accept her dismissal, but agreed to wait a few days to see if the swelling disappeared before making yet another appointment to see her. Thank all of you for your submissions which certainly helped me.

Hello Benita,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

It sounds like you are suffering with urethritis, which is inflammation or swelling and irritation of the urethra. The urethra is the tube that carries urine from the body.

Did the physician mention this as a diagnosis?

Urethritis Guide