Swollen Joint on one hand, 2 fingers

I have been playing guitar seriously for a few months now and in the hand that I use on the guitar (fretting hand) my left index finger has developed a bump on one side near that PIP joint. I have also noticed that it is getting more swollen over the top of that joint too. I also have a slight bump in the same area on my left pinky finger. I am finding it hard to believe that at my age (16) I could develop arthritis from playing guitar. Keep in mind that the only symptoms I have are in those two fingers in my left hand. I have been icing them 1-2 times a day for 15 minutes as well. I also have not had an injuries to these fingers. I have stopped playing guitar for about a day now and am going to give it a week to see if it gets better. What do you think it is though? Any thoughts? Ways to treat at home?

What you likely have is a repetitive injury to a joint - meaning overuse of a joint - in your case, playing a lot of guitar.It's unlikely you have something like arthritis but you need to fix this before you do permanent damage.

Icing is imperative - keep icing after every session (not before!). Rest from guitar may also be necessary and go to a guitar expert to make sure you are positioning your whole body properly, as well as your fingers as bad positioning is also a factor.As much as you love to play, if you overdo it, you could end up having to stop completely which can happen with repetitive injuries.

Ice, rest, proper positioning.

Thank you! Yes I had my guitar teacher look at my technique and he said it was fine. I will stop playing for a week and continue icing and see what happens. I don't understand how there are guitarists who play way more than I do and who are way older than me and don't have any problems :(

Finger Dislocation