Swollen lymph in left brest by armpit

Hi I 26 years old and about 2 months ago I found a tiny hard bump in my left breast by my armpit. I made an apt with my dr and she found the lump and sent me to get an ultrasound. When i went to get the ultrasound she told me it was a 8cm lympnode and it was okay. My question is, is a swollen lymphnode for two months normal? Does that signal infection? Should I ask my doctor to have it biopsyed? Anything information helps thanks!

Hi Adykehouse7

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question!

Generally, a virus can enlarge lymph modes in this area but since you've been feeling fine, (I assume you have since you didn't mention anything to the contrary) this may not be the case.

If everything looks normal then there is not much else we can tell you but a biopsy is a fairly simple procedure so if you feel it will help ease your mind, asking can't do any harm. Lumps - any kind - are scary. You have the right to peace of mind.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide