Swollen Vaginal Lips

Well I've noticed this before, and really didn't think anything of it but for some reason whenever I've done something sexual my vaginal lips are swollen. I'm 19, and technically still a virgin. I haven't had sex, we've just messed around. Been doing this for almost two years now. But for some reason I swell. There's no pain what so ever, I noticed this last time I was a tad uncomfortable to urinate(didn't hurt just felt swollen). I thought it might have been because I waited too long to urinate afterwards or the fact that we actually tried having sex and the tip might have gone in some but not much at all! But I'm not so sure these could be the case since I have this reaction everytime. There has been latex involved once but it happens almost everytime so I know its not an allergic reaction to condoms. Does anyone know if it's normal orr what its caused from?

Your swelling is actually not that uncommon! The labia can (and do) swell during sexual excitement and to a greater extent in some women than others.

If you are in no pain (and you said you were not) and it goes away pretty soon after (as in, you're not very swollen hours later) then I'd say it's pretty normal. If you are still worried, you can always ask your doctor.

Thanks for writing!