Taking novynette

Hello, If I take novynette on the fifth day of my period after skipping a month, will that cause a problem if I'm planning to have intercourse in July?

I started taking Novynette 7th day after my period do you think it will still work?

First of all, the correct way to take Novynette is to start taking them on the first day of your period.  Take the pills for 21 days and then take a 7 day break.  During that week you will have your period.  

You will be protected in July as long as you take the pills correctly through the month of July.  If you do not take them correctly, or you stop taking them before you have sex then you will not be protected.

Anonymous (reply to fchacon)

Ok, well I took it first in March, I didn't take any in April because of being to different doctors. I want to start back in May. Do I have to start back from the first day, or could I continue after the period like normal. Just wanted to be a bit more specific for you.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Since you went a whole month without taking the pill, you need to start a new pack as though you are taking it for the first time: on the first day of your period.