Taking Prostinor (1 tablet) 3 times within 9 days

By Anonymous February 2, 2015 - 2:06am

What would happen if you have taken prostinor (the 1 tablet) 3 times within 9 days? what are the dangers around it? I only wish I read this earlier instead of being stupid. What happens if you had unprotected sex a day after the 3rd pill? It's making me nervous and I honestly wish I read and did my research before any of it. I now know the dangers it could cause...pls advice..

Misuse of emergency contraception (which is for emergencies, it's is not a method of birth control like the Pill or condoms etc) can upset the menstrual cycle by a very large dose of hormones entering the body.  However, it should not cause any long lasting damage - just don't do it again. If you had unprotected sex after taking the third pill there may be a risk of pregnancy. 

Your period for the next month or two may be irregular as a result so be prepared for that.