Teens Skip Breakfast, Gain Weight

By March 5, 2008 - 7:22pm

Mom constantly nagged at us kids about having breakfast before we left the house for school, reminding us that it's the most important meal of the day. It didn't matter if it was toast and orange juice, or cereal, or something more substantial, there was always something on the breakfast table for us, and it did make a difference in how we met the rest of the day. I know I felt more alive, alert and awake.

A study published in the March issue of Pediatrics magazine shows that kids who skip breakfast are at higher risk of obesity, and the kids who did have a healthy breakfast daily were more physically active.

Read the article on MSN: http://health.msn.com/kids-health/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100196750&GT1=31036

Has anyone found a way to get their teen to eat breakfast?

I'd like to learn how to trick my metabolism into burning my belly fat! It's not quite as bad as it was a year ago, but it's still smiling back at me in the mirror. [sigh]

So true. I was definitely guilty of this as a teen. Eating breakfast is an important way to 'trick' our metabolism into burning calories more efficiently (among other things). Here are a few others courtesy of The Today Show.

Getting Enough B Vitamins;

Getting Enough Magnesium;

Smart Snacking;

Speed Play;

Strength Training;

Eating Enough Calories

For the details, visit the Today Show’s Web site

Healthy Eating