Tell me your feelings about Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State?

Rumors have surfaced that Hillary may be the new Secretary of State. How do you feel about her being Secretary of State?

It looks like Hillary Clinton will be in the Secretary of State although both camps are calling this speculation as "premature".

I think Clinton has paid her dues and is qualified for this very high ranking position (I am biased, however, and would have loved to see her as President, although I'm very happy with Obama as President-Elect!) but her husband may be a problem.

Former President Clinton has been a bit of a loose cannon this year. He will have to follow strict protocol if his wife gets this position and much of his work, particularly donations to his Library and various charities will have to be cleared and approved by the White House first. He has agreed with this and said it will not be a problem.

I do hope she is offered and accepts the position. I worry slightly about a Clinton in Obama's office due to their history of antagonism but Mrs. Clinton is a very smart and ambitious woman and I think she will be able to set personality clashes and a history of animosity aside (especially since this rather negative history is both recent and brief) and do a fantastic job.

Well, to answer this question, I needed to look up exactly what the Secretary of State does. Here is the information I found:

- Negotiates with foreign representatives and instructs U.S. embassies
- Serves as a principal adviser to the President in the determination of U.S. foreign policy
- Responsible for overall direction, coordination, and supervision of interdepartmental activities of the U.S. Government overseas, excepting certain military activities.
- Fourth in line to Presidency, after VP, Speaker of House, President of Senate
- Hillary would be "replacing" Condoleezza Rice (don't worry...I knew that one!)
- Highest ranking member of the President's Cabinet

Regarding Hillary Clinton specifically, the articles that I have read have been very positive and supportive of this decision, from both Democrats and Republicans. This support comes from some of her toughest Republican critics, in fact! Other individuals are still being considered, but I believe Hillary has a lot of political experience and should be used somewhere in the President's cabinet.