Is Their Ways To Know About This?

By December 10, 2012 - 11:52am

Hi, Their is something I would like to know which is I'm a very dehydrated person and I've had this issue almost all my life since childhood though. My hands are the main thing that I notice dryness and no matter how much I moisturize, have vitamins, water, drinks, etc. still doesn't help. Now I'm 29 years old and from head to toe I experience severe dryness throughout my whole body from the inside out. I'm always thirsty no matter what, my mouth is always dry when I get up in the morning, my hair is very dry and falls out, my eyes are dry, my skin are all dry, I have severe dryness everywhere. I want to know for the matter of dehydration are their any blood test, etc. available to know more about this if yes can you tell me about them I really would like to know more about this? Please let me know soon.

Thank You,

I see okay thanks.

Hi Melissa,

Dryness (all over - skin, hair, nails etc) is something that some women are affected with. Sometimes is genetic or other times it's environmental or there is no diagnosis. You can do some research on EmpowHER on body dryness, dehydration etc and in the meantime, use lots of oils for your hair and skin (I recommend coconut oil) and cook with healthy oils (like extra virgin olive oil). A Mediterranean diet might also be of benefit to you.

I am unaware of any blood tests that could be done but maybe that's just the way you are made (I use tons of oils since dry hair, skin, nails etc are something that I am also plagued with!) but you can ask your doctor what he or she recommends.