Is there any way I am pregnant

By February 23, 2015 - 2:47pm

Okay so my boyfriend and I were both naked and his penis touched the very top part of my vulva for only a few seconds. I immediately freaked out and gave myself just about every pregnancy symptom. I freaked out for 3 weeks and took tons of vitamin c and then had my period and a negative test and everything felt better. Then a week before my next period my back started hurting (unusual for my periods) and I started feeling so nauseous every day. So I googled "can you have a period and a negative pregnancy test and still be pregnant" and the results made me spiral into total panic again. My boyfriend swears he didn't precm. I know he didn't cm. And yet for some reason I am terrified that I am somehow still pregnant because I have so many symptoms. I honestly don't know how much longer I can go through this. I can't see a doctor or tell my mother because I'm scared of what she will do as she is a tight laced Christian woman. I need emotional help. My boyfriend is very supportive and not angry at me for freaking out. But I feel paralyzed right now with low back pain, cramps, and nausea. My period is due tomorrow but I feel like not even that will help me.

Thank you Susan. If he had precm would their be a chance at pregnancy?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Shelby123)

Hi Shelby!

There would be a minuscule chance but I would think a pregnancy would be rare.  There is sometimes sperm in preejaculate if the man hasn't ejaculated recently or gone to the bathroom. Only your boyfriend who know this but nobody (not even him) can tell you if there was sperm there. 

Just calm down, your period will be here any day, you can't even be pregnant - this all happened ages ago and you've had a period since. 

I am now three days late and still feeling pregnancy symptoms. Hopefully I am just freaking myself out.

Hi shelby

You're not pregnant - you can't be.

Sounds like you have gone into a kind of panic about this. Your period will be along in a day or two (don't freak out if it's delayed as stress can make that happen so you really need to try to calm yourself).

I also suggest you take a digital pregnancy test that will clearly state "not pregnant" so you can have peace of mind. 

If this happens again, you need to either abstain from sex or get yourself reliable birth control so you don't allow this kind of stress in your life - it's not good for you.

It's also a good idea to not research this much more - you can put nearly any symptom into a search engine and come up with pregnancy as a possible diagnosis.