Is there a remedy for burned chapped lips?

By November 15, 2010 - 5:06am

My friend used a product to moisturize her chapped lips so she put on a large amount of the cream.In effect,her lips turned dark as if she's a chain smoker but is actually not. I told her ill get in touch w/ this site and get back to her after receiving a response.Hope to hear from you soon.Thanks!

Hi acidreighn03

Thanks for your question for your friend.

She may have had some kind of allergic reaction to whatever she put on her mouth. She needs to check the active ingredients and look into the side effects of each. Drugs.com is a good website for this.

She also needs to check if there was a contraindication if she is currently taking any other kins of medication. Even over the counter treatments can have an adverse effect when taken with something else.

I hope her lips feel better, chapped lips are bad enough but a painful reaction to a treatment is even worse.

I wish her the best and thanks for writing!