Is there a risk of pregnancy?

By Anonymous December 7, 2014 - 1:44pm

I have a wedding coming up next week and my period is due to come the day of the wedding. Instead of continuing on with my birth control pills for two consecutive months (not taking a 7 day break), I decided to stop taking my pill one week early (so I only took 14 days of the pill, and then skipped the whole 3rd week of the pack this month) so I could have my period the week before the wedding instead.
I had unprotected sex during this week, however, I did get my period the day after having sex... Is there any risk of pregnancy?

Thank you for responding. If you got pregnant on that day, your period would not have come the next day. Since it came you're ok. Try to relax and not worry about it, worrying will only delay your next period due to stress. :-)

Thank you for visiting the EmpowHER community and sharing your question. There's always a risk of getting pregnant when you have unprotected sex.

However, since you had your period (even the day after) it is very unlikely that you are pregnant. 

A pregnancy test can be taken 10-14 days after unprotected sex and when taken correctly, will certainly be accurate by the time your next period is due. 

Anon, did this help?

Anonymous (reply to kristincaliendo)

Hi Kristin,

Yes thank you.

However, if I did get pregnant that day, wouldn't I have a bleed anyway due to the drop in hormones from not taking the pill for a number of days? And could I have this bleed and still end up pregnant?
I'm slightly confused!