Is there a way to grow your hair out quickly?

I would really like to donate my hair to a program like locks of love or Pantene's beautiful lengths program. Are there any tips for growing my hair out? Has anyone out there donated your hair to these causes? What are your experiences? 

Hi Kelly

I think the choice of donation is yours but some of these companies profit from hair donations and some take no money at all. Make sure the one you choose makes wigs and gives them for FREE to people who need them. 

Growing ones hair out for donation can take a long time but is well worth it for those with cancer, alopecia or have other reasons for losing their hair. 

Dyed or permed hair is not accepted for Pantene so your hair will have to be natural. A healthy diet and a biotin supplement will help, and use oil treatments to keep your hair nourished and supple. Coconut oil is a great treatment for hair. Comb your hair, rather than brush to lessen split ends. 

Hair grows about an average of half an inch per month but within a couple of years you have a foot to donate! Locks of Love takes dyed or permed hair.

All have length requirements started at at least 8 inches, some require more so look into this. 

I hope this helps!