Is there a way to lose weight without having to cut sugar entirely from my diet?

By Anonymous December 18, 2011 - 2:10pm

I watch what I eat and exercise regularly but am told if I don't cut sugar completely out, I'll never get this last 5 - 10lbs off. Help!

Absolutely! It's all about moderation. Gradually reduce the amount of sugar you use. For example, if you typically use 3 teaspoons in your tea, cut cut back to 2.5 teaspoons for a week. Then reduce the amount you use by .5 weekly until you are down to just one teaspoon. This strategy worked well for me. It gives your taste buds time to adjust and reduces the shock factor. I now use just one teaspoon and my herbal tea is sweetened to perfection. Anything more than 1 teaspoon now tastes really sweet -- too sweet. Best wishes on your journey. Remember, you got this!

Thanks for your post and congratulations on your achievements so far!

Who told you that sugar has to be cut out completely? I don't agree with this but certainly you can completely stop adding sugar to things and choose sugar free options when you can. But many foods (including fruits and vegetables) have naturally occuring sugars. Did this person mean cutting all these out too? It's sounds a bit extreme. Complete elimination often leads to cravings and binges. Your diet should be a lifestyle, not a "diet" in terms of restrictions and eliminations, otherwise you'll return to your old ways and regain. You have to make your diet a part of your life and this kind of complete elimination is not a part of real life.

Let us know more information about this and we'll help you further!

Weight Loss