Time it takes

hi there I fractured my calcaneal some 3 months ago and now I am putting some wait on my heel at the same time I am in terrible pain in ankle which shoots straight to my kneecap.any idea how long before I am walking .As it feels like I am months away?

I'm sorry you a calcaneus fracture, they are rather bad news, unfortunately. For those who don't know, this is a heel fracture - a place in the foot that carries a lot of the person's weight.

These fractures do take a long time to heal and sometimes cause long-term problems and are caused by a pretty significant incident/accident.

According to the American Academy of Orthopedic surgeons, the more severe the fraction, the longer it take to recovery may take a long time. Some people need surgery and if complicated, it can take up to a couple of years for recovery. Others with a less severe fracture will still likely need physical therapy and recovery can take several months.

Talk to you doctor about your options. I know this is a very painful fracture, I hope you feel better soon.