tomorrow will finish my Herceptin therapy after 17 sections, i want to know what will happen after that, what shall i do ,and not to do,what shall i drink or eat and not to and when will my hair be like the past?!what about menstruation?am i menoupaused?

i had breast cancer grade III and had mastectomy with lymphectomy ( 10 lymph) i did radiotherapy, chemiotherapy and herceptin and after tomorrow it is the Tamoxifen 2tablet every night till 5 years, just now i'm 44years old.

Thank you for your post and I'm glad your treatments have gone well! You're very young to have gone through breast cancer and I hope you have lots of support at home.

Regarding your diet, there should be no need to change anything other than bad habits (something we all should do!). Eating "clean" - fresh, unprocessed foods, fruits, vegetables, nuts. pulses, lean protein and lots of fiber is your best best. Plus a treat now and again - that's important too!

With regard to your hair: from what I have heard, you will grow your body hair back first (if you lost it) and your hair will be the slowest. Women I have know grow out their hair first with little tufts here and there and patches of growth - it's not always uniform but it has always come back. Some women see changes in texture or color but the color aspect is sometimes because they have been dying their hair since in their teens and don't know what their natural color is.

Since you didn't have a hysterectomy (full or partial) you could get your period back soon - have you skipped periods and for how long?

From BreastCancer.org, regarding your meds now:

If you have had breast cancer, your hot flashes can follow the same pattern as for women in general, or they can be more intense and last longer, particularly if menopause was premature, or if you are taking hormonal therapy and your body hasn't adjusted to it. Rarely, women may not have hot flashes until they stop taking tamoxifen — an unpleasant surprise. In these women, tamoxifen develops an unusual estrogen-like ability to combat hot flashes.

There is considerable variation in time of onset, duration, frequency, and the nature of hot flashes, whether you've had breast cancer or not. An episode can last a few seconds or a few minutes, occasionally even an hour, but it can take another half hour for you to feel yourself again. The most common time of onset is between six and eight in the morning, and between six to ten at night.

Just remember that no woman is alike.

What has your doctor told you to expect now? I think it's a good idea for you to join a support group for aftercare, so you will be among women who can give you their input and share stories. Ask your doctor if he or she knows of one; that'll be a good resource for you.

Also try our support group here: http://www.empowher.com/groups/cancer-survivors

and here:

Let me know what you think!

Brain Cancer

Brain Cancer Guide