Too sensitive for orgasm

By Anonymous March 14, 2010 - 5:37am

I masturbate by clitoral stimulation and it starts to feels great, but then I get too sensitive and cannot touch any more. I can't get any orgasm. This suddenly happened half a year ago, before that I could reach climax. This is really frustrating. I have tried to take breaks but it doesn't seem to work. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to stop the over sensitivity?

It is normal, as this is a very sensitive organ!

Many women are not able to stimulate the clitoris for very long, or provide direct stimulation, for very long periods of time. Try indirect stimulation instead (stimulate near/beside the clitoris, or the hood/covering of the clitoris and not the clitoris itself).

Also, what you are using for stimulation can vary, too....experiment! Fingers, water, vibrator, using lubrication, warm washcloth...the list can go on. Use different types of pressure, etc.

Lastly, sexual stimulation for women (and men, too!) is much more about the mental aspect than it is physical. You can't really "force" an organsm, but you can get in the mood with pleasurable scents, sounds, other pleasing touches and not focus entirely on your clitoris.

Go Ask Alice (a resource for college students) recommends these books:
"For more information about the clitoris, check out Rebecca Chalker's book, The Clitoral Truth: The World At Your Fingertips. Or, for encouragement in your quest for pleasure, check out Betty Dodson Online or read her book, Sex for One: The Joy of Selfloving. Enjoy the exploration and journey to finding what works for you!"